An e-commerce website lets you trade online twenty four hours a day.
An e-commerce website extends the functionality of a catalogue website to add shopping features such as:
- An intuitive shopping cart so visitors can browse and purchase your products with ease
- Shipping costs calculated on order value, destination, shipping method, and weight
- SSL encrypted payment pages to provide the reassuring golden padlock (requires a suitable hosting package)
- Integration with payment service providers like PayPal and WorldPay
- Automatic delivery of downloadable electronic products
- Customer logins with order history, tracking, and returns
- Automatic emails to acknowledge orders
- Automatically generated PDF invoices and receipts
- A powerful administration area to manage orders and customer accounts
- Seamless integration with the Content Management System that controls the rest of your website
- Integration with your existing systems
- Option to extend with custom features
This list is not exhaustive, because all e-commerce websites are custom-designed to suit the client’s needs.